3.06.2014

Sweet Potato, Chickpea, Tahini Bowl

There really isn't anything better than coming across a recipe that looks delicious and then realizing that you have all the ingredients in your pantry already. That happened to me today when I found this recipe and I knew that it was perfect for my dinner. Wednesday had been one of those days that no matter when and what I ate I would still be hungry 30 minutes later. My stomach felt empty all day and my co-workers could probably hear my stomach growling from down the hall. I knew that I needed something heavy and full of protein for dinner and this did the trick. Did I mention that I already had all the ingredients and didn't have to run to Whole Foods in the rain that started coming down as I left work. 


Sweet potatoes are a staple for my dinners (at least when I am just cooking for myself). Not only are they cheap, but also filling, and I can make one in less than 10 minutes in the microwave. This recipe required me to forgo my typical microwave technique but I knew that roasting the sweet potato in the oven would be worth it. All the components in this warm salad come together wonderfully and I know this salad will become a regular rotation for my "single-girl meals".


The most time consuming part of this recipe is waiting for the delicious sweet potatoes to come out of the oven. After that you simply pile all the ingredients in a bowl and top with the delicious, homemade tahini dressing and mix to combine. 


I can't wait to eat this again tomorrow!

The recipe is originally from Smitten Kitchen, so it's no wonder that I loved it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio