5.05.2014

Brunch for a Living

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I definitely think that I could make a living out of brunching. I think most people can agree that brunch is the best meal of the weekends and the biggest reason that some people get out of bed on Saturday and Sunday mornings. This past Saturday I hosted brunch for some of my friends to celebrate the weekend, good food, and a new brunch cocktail- the Aperol Spritz. 





Along with the Aperol Spritz's I served some of my favorite brunch items - strawberry scones, quiche, and homemade granola with yogurt. I loved spending the morning preparing all this food, especially when later I was then able to sit down with my friends, a plate full of food, surrounded by friends,  and a cool drink in my hand. 

I will be sharing my brunch recipes later this week but today I wanted to spotlight our morning cocktail. I had never tried Aperol before, but my sister introduced me and told me about the Aperol Spritz. I was looking forward to trying it and found that the bright orange drink was refreshing and bubbly and a great replacement for the standard mimosa and perfect for summer!

Aperol Spritz
3 parts Prosecco
2 parts Aperol 
1 dash soda
Ice and orange slice

Add ice and a slice of orange to a stemless wine glass, pour in prosecco, the Aperol, and finish with a dash of soda. Enjoy!


Get paid to brunch

Brunch for a Living:

This summer Aperol is declaring its signature cocktail, the Aperol Spritz, the official drink of brunch and looking for brunch lovers across the US to spread the word. Called “Brunch For A Living,” Aperol is looking to hire a “Chief Brunch Officer” in New York, LA, Miami and San Francisco to brunch all summer long in some of the city’s hottest brunch spots as a part of the Aperol Brunch Society – and get paid while doing it. It’s easy to apply, applicants just have to submit a 15-second video on Instagram explaining why they should be picked.


1 comment:

Designed by Jackie's Design Studio